Wednesday, September 30, 2009

NFL Week 4

Ladies and Gentleman,
I Have decided I am going to try a new thing once a week on here. I am going to go through game by game each week and make my picks with the spread... I have done quite well this year with my picks so I decided I will share them with the public... If my hot streak comes to an end I will most likely stop with the picks but for now I plan on doing this for the rest of the year..
Depending the game I may give my pick and some reasoning as to why I picked it.. or i may just simple state my pick... It will all depend on how i feel about the game and how much i feel like typing at that exact time...
I will also be using the lines used by Proline's Pointspread as they were the day i made my pics..

Week 4.

DET @ CHI (-10.5)
Detroit is coming off a victory for the first time in a long time, maybe with some extra confidence... Detroit was able to put a few long drives together which takes time off the clock.. This game really could be a blow out, but i Just dont like the Bears and their receiving core.. I am going to hope the Lions can keep it close..
DET + 10.5

TB @ WASH (-7)
I mentioned the Lions coming off a win for the first time in what seems like forever, and the team they beat is still favored by a TD the next week?, and I still think I am going to take them to cover.. I find games like these are the hardest to pick. I will most likely leave this game off my tickets this weekend, but in having to choose one I am going to take a team that needs to show their home fans they can turn things around..
WASH - 7

OAK @ HOU (-9.5)
How bad is this Oakland team, a team that i seem to pick every freakin week... Houston does have one of the worst rush defences in the leauge which will have the Raiders licking their lips.. this mean J Russell wont have to throw the ball, fuck he blows, who cares if you can throw it 60 yards from your knees... Sorry Raiders, not this week...
HOU -9.5

TEN (-3.5) @ JAC
MOJO is a beast, i have never really liked him but watching some of the things he did last week i cant deny that he is a great back... Tenn has been a huge let down this year, one in which i can say i saw coming but why brag.. i see a close well faught game so i will take the extra .5 in what could easily be a FG game...
JAC +3.5

BAL @ NE (1.5)
In this pick em, i would actually love for New England to win to keep Pitt closer to the Ravens.. Yes all my opinions will be biased.. I still dont know what to think about Pretty Boy Brady.... NE wont be able to run the ball to set up the pass this week.. I just think Btown gets it done...
BAL + 1.5

NYG (-10.5) @ KC
New York is DAMM good, KC is not, this spread could be 20 and i wouldnt be able to figure out a way not to pick NYG...
NYG - 10.5

CIN (-6.5) @ CLE
Cincy was lucky a good team in Pitt didnt close the door last week, where they could of been down 20+ points in the first half.. Instead it was 10 and they took advantage.. I dont think they are going to get too far.. but they should be able to handle CLE who i think is the worst team in the league..
CIN - 6.5

BUF (2.5) @ MIA
Wow, favored on the road at the home of a division rival.. I guess Henne is starting? This game may have more run plays ran than that of the South Lions circa early 00's.... We may also see a hell of a lot of the wildcat with the starting QB out,, Bonus for me having R Brown in fantasy but when it comes to the real shit, the Bills should be knowing that and preparing all week.. Ok i will take my favorite local team..
Buff -2.5

NYJ @ NO (-6.5)
This is pretty tough game.. I am just not sure if the Jets can hang with this offence.. After being some what shut down in the wind at Buff, i think they turn around and put some points back on the board.. In a pick mostly because i like the saints and dislike the jets..
NO -6.5

DAL (-3.5) @ DEN
Dallas gets it done.
DAL -3.5

STL @ SF (9.5)
I could not give two shits about this game... I dont know what to think about it... STL actually looked half decent last week with S JACK and Boller coming in.. SF without gore.. This is a flip em for me, but if i do.. i will be checking off STL to keep it close on the sheets
STL + 9,5

SD @ PIT (-6.5)
I swear pitt is so hard to bet on.. No wonder i always loose with them.. A team coming off back to back loses has what most people had as a super bowl team coming to town and favored by a TD.... If you are going to use any of these to bet with, i am warning you now, I AM PICKING PITT EVERY WEEK... i do think Pitt comes back this week to prove they are ready to go again... Coach Tomlin will get these boys going again... SD aint shitt....
PIT -6.5

GB @ MIN (3.5)
Favre's old team is in town, this could be a great Monday Nighter.. That play to win it for Minny was unreals last week... I look for this to be a tight divisional battle and if it took Minny a last second miraculous win last week, i will take GB to at least take it to the wire..
GB +3.5

Well, that took a little longer than i thought it would... I am not as confident with my inner feelings this week as i was with some of the picks in the first couple weeks.. I have been doing one 4 game, 20$ ticket each week, along with other smaller tickets of course.. But i try to put my 4 strongest feelings on one ticket.. this week it will be...

NYG -10.5
DAL -3.5
STL +9.5
GB +3.5 ( always fun to have MNF decide a ticket)

Till then........

No comments:

Post a Comment